JOB TITLE: EBS Assessment Consultant
POSITION LOCATION: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Two weeks after candidate identification
TERM OF CONSULTANCY: 30 days
PAY: Commensurate with experience
SCOPE OF WORK
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a consultant position in multi-hazard emergency preparedness and response to focus on conducting a literature review of multi-hazard plans at the regional and international level and to assist CORUS in the development of the current multi-hazard health emergency preparedness and response plan in Burkina Faso. The consultant will be responsible for facilitating the development of this strategic document for the Ministry of Health.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct literature review for examples of multi-hazard preparedness and response plans
- Assess results from the March 2021 mapping of health risks in Burkina Faso
- Propose a draft zero health emergency preparedness and response plan based on existing plans and WHO development guidelines
- Communicate regularly with the CORUS focal point in charge of the issue
- Facilitate the work of developing the plan.
- Finalize the multi-hazard health emergency preparedness and response plan document
- Perform other duties as assigned that are directly related to this work.
- MD, MBChB, Nursing, or primary Public Health degree along with a Master of Public Health or higher post-graduate degree
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in proposal/summary/report preparation
- Technical skills to conduct analyses, write reports, prepare briefings, and effectively present results in the English language
- Good knowledge of global health security with experience in IHR assessment
- A track record in timely completion of contract deliverables and objectives
- Ability to critically think and analyze findings and recognize emergent situations as they arise
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently organize multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in the English language
- Post-graduate training or work experience in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Previous consulting experience conducting literature reviews in an international public health setting
- Experience writing and reviewing publications and high-level reports
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to CDCFConsultancy@cdcfoundation.org. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.